What is it about...

This blog is an assignment for the Art Illustration class which I take. However, I intend to utilize it also for my studies in Literature and Education. Ever since I took my first Art class, I was thinking how Art teaching methods could be applied to teaching Literature. I hope that working on this blog will help me to straighten up my ideas, and create a new usable interdisciplinary approach.



Sunday, October 9, 2011

PostSecret - a million of whispers in one ear.


Thinking about relationship between new media and the literature, I went looking for books based on blogs. Here is one particularly interesting example:

PostSecret is a blog where people share their secrets: pain, love, memories, hopes, crimes... Check this blog! It is a true poetry of the streets: romantic, cunning, rude, beautiful, stinky and fragrant at the same time, pulsing like one gigantic heart taken out of the chest cavity.

Equally interesting to the content is the form of people's expression: the blog is a collection of postcards richly decorated in all the forms of media you can imagine: drawings, collages, writing, photos. See for yourself...

1 comment:

  1. I have heard of this before.It is an interesting concept. Probably gives the participants a feeling of freedom when they participate.

    ReplyDelete