What is it about...

This blog is an assignment for the Art Illustration class which I take. However, I intend to utilize it also for my studies in Literature and Education. Ever since I took my first Art class, I was thinking how Art teaching methods could be applied to teaching Literature. I hope that working on this blog will help me to straighten up my ideas, and create a new usable interdisciplinary approach.



Thursday, September 1, 2011

Line Art Illustration

A mysterious beauty of line is hard to understand. Line is basic. Line is simple. Yet, line is complex and inclusive. Line is endless. Line is an unreachable horizon. Line is limiting. Yet, being a symbol of infinity itself, line offers endless possibilities for manipulating form and texture. Outlining myself, can I define myself? Can I exhaust all the possibilities of cognition by bringing the end of the line into the point where it once began, or at the end, I am the same fool as I was when the journey started? Line.



3 comments:

  1. You are the first to post finished images of your line art. They are very different from each other... which is good! One makes you look innocent and one makes you look kind of conniving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.S. says that on the first one I look, like I'm ready to go solve mysteries with Scooby and Shaggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of them! I agree with the Scooby and Shaggy comment! How funny. The top one is definitely more mysterious and brings out a sort of "can't touch this" attitude. The thin vs. dark lines works well. I especially enjoy the bottom one. The detail is great! Especially the shadows around the eyes, nose, mouth, and neck. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete